Ministry Of Agriculture
- Policy formulation and coordination on matters relating to agriculture and agricultural development.
- Development and management of state strategic food reserves.
- Establishment, supervision and management of botanical and zoological gardens, game and wildlife reserves.
- Undertake produce inspection services.
- Livestock and veterinary research and development.
- Advise the State Government on appropriate agricultural inputs and the timely procurement and distribution of such agricultural inputs like fertilizers, agro-chemicals, improved seeds, tractors etc.
- Establishment, rehabilitation and maintenance of abattoirs, grazing reserves, livestock routes, fish demo farms etc.
- Promote irrigation agriculture and guide on construction and maintenance of irrigation schemes across the state.
- Provide effective extension services for farmers.