SOCU

KADSIO Unit

State Operations Coordinating Unit (SOCU)

The State Operations Coordinating Unit oversees the identification and enrolment of Poor and Vulnerable Households into the social register. The Social Register as at year end December 2020 had a total of 265,625 PVHHs and 1,041,041 individuals who had been identified across the State in the ongoing generation of the State Social Register (SSR) and as at the end of February 2021 total PVHHs stood at 524,424 and 2,051,972 individuals in the State Social Register.

 

The CBT Process began in 2017; with only nine pilot LGAs (30%) i.e. 3 from each senatorial zone, namely, Zone 1 (Ikara, Kubau, Lere); Zone 2 (Birnin Gwari, Chikun, Kajuru); Zone 3 (Kachia, Kauru, Sanga) respectively. In May 2020, the process was scaled up to the remaining fourteen LGAs (70%) thus covering the entire State (100%) with about N100million funding from the Kaduna State Government.

The State Executive Council adopted the SSR as the primary data source for PVHHs. Therefore, data was mined from the SSR for the Coalition against COVID-19 (CACOVID) PVHHs-based palliative distributions in the State (benefitting 41,005 households).

 

Particularly, the Kaduna State Contributory Health Management Authority (KADCHMA) mined over 12,000 PVHHs data from the SSR for enrolment on the health insurance scheme (beneficiaries are made up of individuals aged zero to 5yrs, those over 65 years old, pregnant women and PWDs).

 

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) equally selected 230 women headed PVHHs from the register, for its Agricultural financing intervention.
Aid Foundation also selected 5,000 beneficiaries from the register and distributed personal protective equipment to them, under its Clean Family Campaign.

 

1000 women (selected from the register) benefitted from the Federal Government grant (N20,000) to rural women, disbursed by the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.

 

Also, Kaduna State Rehabilitation Board (KSRB) and Better Education Service Delivery for All (BESDA) adopted the State Social Register to enhance their planning processes.

 

Uba Sani Foundation selected 2,800 PVHHs from the register for its financial inclusion intervention.

 

Epilepsy Foundation of Nigeria has just recently selected 1,000 persons with disabilities from the register for its project in May 2021.

KADSSR as at
28th February 2021

KADSSR as at 28th February 2021

Skip to content