- Policy formulation and coordination of matters relating to justice and law and order in the state.
- Prosecute all criminal cases in the state.
- Defend all civil matters involving the State Government and protect the Government and the public’s interest where they are affected or threatened.
- Draft all Executive Bills, Contracts, MOUs and vetting of same.
- Protection of Citizens Rights against abuse or violation
- Provision of legal advice and other services to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
- Provision of legal advice to the Nigerian Police and other law enforcement agencies.
- Ensuring that all laws duly passed and assented to, including other Legal Instruments, Notices and Orders, are published in the State Official Gazette within 30 days.
- Ensure adequate publicity of all laws and Executive Orders in the State.