- Preparation of policies and plans for the provision of basic infrastructure for the state.
- Provision of civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering services to the State Government.
- Determine the technical standards for providing water supply for domestic, commercial, industrial and irrigation purposes in good quality and quantity.
- Formulate water rate charging policies that enable cost recovery and setting efficient and reasonable charges to be determined by the Water Regulatory Authority
- Safeguard the interests of water producers and consumers in the state by ensuring all consumers, communities and local government councils pay cost-recovery rates for potable water supplied
- Ensure collaboration between Kaduna Electric and Local Government Councils to provide electricity to all communities in the state.
- Collaborate with NCC and Telco’s to provide telecommunication, fibre optic and digital wireless connections and services for all state communities.